Brooke Burke motherhood crazy


Brooke Burke says motherhood is “crazy”.
The TV star raises four children with her partner, David Charvet.
“When I was a new mom, I used to think that life was going to be balanced, and I strived for that,” Brooke told Redbookmagazine in its July issue.
“But life is crazy! I’ve got two little ones a year apart my daughter Rain, 4, and my son, Shaya, 3 and two older daughters Neriah, 11, and Sierra, 9 and a million things to do. I gave up on the expectation that everything was going to be picture-perfect. Balance is a joke.
“You’ve got to figure out what works for you. If you only have 20 minutes, make it a kick-ass 20 minutes. Working out is my stress reliever and my me time. The way I see it, if you don’t have 45 minutes a few days a week for yourself, you are in big trouble.
“It’s Familyville in my life, but David and I make sure to escape once a week. So maybe on a Sunday night, we’ll go out to dinner at a favorite Malibu restaurant. Or at home we get the candles, the music the whole deal and we close the bedroom door.
“We have a rule in our house that you have to knock on closed doors. Someday the kids might be like, ‘I smell the candles, I hear Maxwell playing…’ but thank God they’re not old enough to figure that out yet. I do not want to have to explain that one!”

No comments:

Post a Comment